Contextualizing Asian Oppression and Strategies for Resilience
Trainings and workshops are individualized based on the unique needs of your company, organization, business, or program. Sample topics include:
- Understanding how current anti-Asian discrimination echo centuries of oppression
- Learning about Asian and AAPI specific stereotypes including the perpetual foreigner, model minority myth, lotus blossom, and yellow peril discourse.
- Uncovering how Asian identities have been historically weaponized through racial triangulation and white proximity.
- Learning how anti-Asian discrimination negatively impacts the psychological wellbeing of Asian and AAPI communities.
- Addressing barriers to mental health help seeking among Asian and AAPI communities.
- Recognizing racial trauma and psychological distress among Asian and AAPI communities.
- Promoting wellness among Asian and AAPI communities.
- Culturally sensitive strategies for counseling Asian and AAPI clients.
- Responding to racial discrimination and bystander intervention.
60- and 90-minute workshops offered.
Prices vary; email for more information.
“Dr. Litam presented on “Racial bias in the age of COVID-19” on behalf of Becton Dickinson. The presentation was well received by 250 participants, and our attendees spoke highly of Dr. Litam’s research, engaging personal qualities, and contribution.“
Renukka Gadde, Vice President of Global Health